Search Site
Initial Application

Applying For Disability in Phoenix, AZ

Although SSI and SSDI are different programs with different criteria for approval, both programs are administered by the Federal government through the Social Security Administration. Therefore, even though the claims are reviewed under different criteria, the actual process for submitting a claim is basically the same for both programs. Claims for long-term disability are handled through private insurance companies and involve a different application process. Likewise, claims for veterans’ disability are handled through the US Department of Veteran’s Affairs and involve a different process. The Law Office of Paul J. Dombeck can help you successfully navigate the disability application process and obtain the benefits you are entitled to.

The Arizona Disability Application Process

Initial SSI and SSDI Applications

The initial applications for SSI and SSDI beneifts in Arizona can be completed at a Social Security office in person, over the phone or online. The application consists of identifying information, including:

  • Social security number
  • Birth certificate information
  • Medical evidence of the applicant’s disability and medical condition including dates of doctor visits and contact information for the treating doctors

Applicants are also required to provide information on their work history, including a copy of their most recent W-2 tax form.

Nearly One Third of SSI and SSDI applications are denied

About 31% of applicants will have their Arizona disability application denied immediately on a technicality, such as reporting income over the limit, lacking the required Social Security work credits for their age, or leaving information blank altogether. The other 69% of applicants will have their application evaluated by a disability determination examiner, but of all those applications that make it to this stage, 62% are still denied benefits. What many of those applicants who are denied benefits do not realize is that they have the right to file a Request for Reconsideration of SSI and SSDI benefits (meaning the application will be reviewed again by a different examiner), and if denied a second time, have the right to request a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge.

Complete your Social Security disability application right the first time

However, while our experienced disability attorneys can walk you through the appeals process, the absolute best way to go about applying for disability in Arizona is to get it right from the beginning, and submit the best initial application possible. This is why we recommend that applicants contact an attorney as early in the process as possible so that an experienced professional can ensure that the applicant has not made any needless errors.

Contact the Law Office of Paul J. Dombeck for Assistance with Your Application Today

If you are preparing to file for SSI or SSDI benefits, it is never too early to have an attorney review your case to make sure you start out on the right foot. Contact the Law Office of Paul J. Dombeck by e-mail or call our office at 602-648-2035 for your free initial consultation today.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Phoenix Office
    18444 North 25th Avenue
    Suite 420
    Phoenix, Arizona 85023
    Phone: 602-648-2035
    Fax: 866-648-2128
  • "Many thanks for all your hard work and time plus your professionalism and consideration. We know how exhaustive my case was and we truly appreciate your diligence."  -–Beth M.

  • "I want to thank you for everything you’ve done to win our case. I am overjoyed with the final outcome. It’s really going to help me."  -–Debbie D.

  • "Thank you for your professionalism, research, and attention to detail, and your excellence in law. I am grateful we found you as our attorney."  -–Jacqueline F.

  • "Your exceptional character, tenacity, knowledge as well as special treatment you showed is far from lost on me. If there were a grander way I was able to express myself, rest assured I would."  -–Patricia J.